Friday, September 2, 2011

Nesting and Backaches

This week has been a hard one for me physically.  I have been blessed with a very healthy pregnancy, and have felt pretty great since a rough first trimester of morning sickness and migraines.  Now that I am in my last couple weeks though, the aches and pains are coming, and I am having a hard time with it.  Mostly because I am in serious nesting mode, and I just want to be able to get things done.

You know how you always hear about "nesting" when you're pregnant? Especially towards the end, it is very true.  I have been trying to get super organized around here so that when the baby comes, it will make life just a little bit easier.

As I shared previously, we brought this dresser down to the dining room for some much needed storage. I am using the top drawer for baby stuff. Living in a 3 story home, with the bathroom on the second floor, and the kid's room on the third, I need to be able to have access to these things without having to walk up 2 flights of stairs.

{I LOVE these boxes from Ikea, I use them everywhere}

The boy's room is almost finished.  I have  few sewing projects that I am hoping to finish up this week, and then I will post pictures.  Aiden is all moved in and seems to love his new space already.  It is such a huge room, it gives him a lot more room to play.

Rob and I worked on cleaning out the closet in there yesterday and now the 3rd floor hallway and new guest room looks like this.  I actually feel like I will be able to find a place for everything, my biggest issue is all the off season clothes/coats that we had hanging in there.  But we are working on an option for the basement to be able to store those things.



I'm hoping to get a lot done within the next week, but I also know that I need to be careful, not to push myself too hard.  Tonight Rob and I are having a date night, which I couldn't be more excited about!   It is strange to think about how much our life is going to change in just a few short weeks, so I am glad that we are taking some time these last few weeks to just be together.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment