Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gabby

This week has been very up and down for me.  I've had days where I have felt awful- physically and emotionally.  And days where I have felt great.  I can't believe there are less than 2 weeks left until we meet our baby boy.

But one thing that has been on my mind is Gabby.  Gabby is a little girl from our town who has been battling a brain tumor the past few months.  My really good friend, Lindsey, has been putting together a fundraiser for Gabby which will take place on Saturday September 24th.  That is how I first heard about Gabby and her story.  This past week, Gabby has not been doing well,  but the good news is she woke up from her coma yesterday and is going home today to spend time with family.  There was a picture on facebook last night of Gabby and her 2 sisters lying in bed with her at CHOP, where she is being treated.  It was so overwhelming for me to think about what they are all going through.  I just wept.  I think having kids of your own definitely changes your perspective when you see things like this, but I think anyone would ask, "why?".  Why is this family going through this.  She was perfectly healthy as of May this last year, and then all of a sudden their world has been totally turned upside down.

I haven't talked much about my faith on here, but my faith is part of who I am.  I know that when I see something like this, it is easy for me or anyone to question why God is allowing this to happen.  But, I trust that God is bigger.  He sees and knows things that we don't, and that's hard for a lot of people to accept (me included sometimes).  I believe with all my heart that God can heal Gabby, and I am praying every day that he does.

I don't know how people go through life without knowing God is in control.  I am thankful and blessed that I don't have to feel that way.  It doesn't make things like this any easier, but I cannot imagine not having God to turn to.  I know that He loves me and I know that He loves Gabby.  He has a plan, much bigger than mine.  And I am thankful for that.

So, I hope you will pray for Gabby and her family.  I hope that you, like me, will hug your loved ones a little closer today.  And, I hope that you too take comfort in the fact that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment