Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gettin' it done

Before we left for the shore,  I had a whole list of small projects that I needed to complete around here.

Most of them were things that I should have done months ago, but never did.  So, I got super motivated and just got it done.

When I take on a big project, sometimes I tend to procrastinate with the small details that I want to do.  That's what happened with the bedroom/office makeover.  It's been months since we moved our closet into the bedroom and made our small walk-through closet an office.  However, I never took the time to finish all the little things that I had wanted to.

I'll update you on the office later this week, but there were a few things I needed to finish in the bedroom.


I had to re-hem the curtains for the closet because I had never actually sewed them, just used the ironing tape, and that didn't hold up.  Also, I decided that I wanted them an inch or two off the floor because they were getting so dusty and dirty, it was driving me crazy.  




The other thing I have been putting off were the stools that we use as nightstands.  They're from IKEA and I tried to dye the covers, but that turned out to be a disaster.  I have been wanting to make covers for them.  Again, I have been putting this off, but once I cracked down and got it done, it was SO easy.  


So, I can officially say the bedroom is done.  It's only been like 9 mos. or something, but it's done and I'm really happy with it.  






I'll try and get a post up about the office within the next couple days.





No comments:

Post a Comment