Friday, February 17, 2012

4

I know I always use the excuse that life is crazy for not blogging, and it's true, but I've realized it's just life, and I'm not sure it's going to get any less crazy any time soon. 

So, the big deal around here recently is that Aiden turned 4 on Sunday.  I cannot believe he is 4.  I love this kid...


I have to admit that I have some guilt about his birthday last year.  If you remember, I was terribly sick with migraines from pregnancy.  It was probably the most difficult time of my life.  I know that sounds a bit dramatic, but to be so sick like that and not able to take care of my family, it was really difficult.  And these past few weeks have made me remember that time last year.  I remember having to cancel Aiden's friend birthday party because I was too sick.  I remember the day of his family birthday party, when we announced I was pregnant.  I got one of the worst headaches that morning and I remember sitting on the edge of our bed wondering how I was going to get myself downstairs.  I remember sending Aiden to school for his Valentine's party and feeling guilty about the lack of effort put into his Valentine's.  

Remembering that season in life, I feel overwhelmed with joy about the blessing that came out of that....



and I would definitely do it all over again.  But, I feel so blessed with where we are now, the family we have, and being healthy is an amazing blessing in and of itself.  

So, this year, I've decided to go all out for Aiden's birthday.  He really gets it this year, so it's been so fun to plan things with him and see the excitement he has.  He also is just so sweet and appreciative, which makes doing things for him so fun.

So last Saturday we had his "friend" party at the YMCA, and it was a success.  

He had a blast and we really enjoyed getting to see him with all his friends.  












I also was able to help out with Aiden's Valentine's Day party at school, which I loved doing.  He's growing up so fast.   I love seeing him interract with his teachers and peers.  I am a very proud mama.  

Tomorrow we are having family over to celebrate and I'm planning on doing a bubblegum-themed party because we made a big deal about Aiden not being allowed to chew gum until he turned 4.  He now asks for gum from the time he wakes up in the morning.

So, I'm hoping to be back soon with more pictures.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post and getting to see Aiden's party! Good luck with the family one today, wish I could be there but will be thinking of you and Aiden. XO

    ReplyDelete